Okay, so I don’t know about y’all, but I love brownies! I always have. Chocolate – as in chocolate candy bars, chocolate milk, or chocolate cake – has never really been a weakness of mine, but when I walk in and smell freshly baked brownies, I’ll admit, I get a little weak in the knees. These brownies turned out absolutely perfect every time! In my opinion, they can’t be beaten and it made me feel a little better knowing that I was eating avocado and coconut milk instead of something… well less healthy.
Some days, I just need that chocolate fix and when those days hit, I know I can turn to this recipe and never be disappointed! I sure hope you and your family enjoy these brownies as much as we do. Also, this recipe can certainly be made without a blender! However, I found that using the blender to smooth out the batter really helps give these brownies that owie gooiness that is just what a brownie should be!
- ½ Avocado (soft & diced)
- 2 Tablespoons Nutella
- ¼ cup sunflower (or coconut) oil
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 4 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- In a blender, add your avocado pieces, Nutella, oil, and milk.
- Blend together until it is smooth and creamy.
- Brush out as much as you can into a large mixing bowl. (I like to use a pastry brush to get it all out easily.)
- One ingredient at a time, slowly mix in your sugars, flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder.
- Pour into a shallow baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 F / 175 C for 20-25 minutes. Keep an eye on it starting around the 20-minute mark. A toothpick should come out clean when inserted.
- Let sit for 15-20 minutes to cool then remove from baking pan and cut.
I hope you will give this recipe a try and let me know how it goes for ya!
Lot’s of Love,