Today I am sharing my Apple Spice Cake recipe with y’all!
I don’t know about you, but fall is my absolute favorite time to get into the kitchen and whip up delicious goodies that I know my family will love. Maybe that’s why I have so many recipes to share with you! I really feel like there is no better time to be had than when my family is enjoying the meal or dessert I’ve poured my heart into for them. It makes my heart happy.
I came up with this recipe just a few weeks ago when we had family over. My first time making it and everyone loved it! I call that a hit! Hubby and I had just bought a ton of apples since I love snacking on them these days. So when we realized we were about to have company, I had to come up with something to offer them using what we had in the house. Sometimes, that’s how the best recipes come about!
Usually, when I get in the kitchen, who knows what could happen! I tend to add a bit of this and a bit of that and cross my fingers that everything turns out delicious. This method doesn’t always work, especially with baking, but that’s part of the fun to me. I enjoy cooking and baking. It’s almost therapeutic in a way. Especially if it’s been “one of those days”. It’s always nice to know that if you mix certain things together, they will turn out beautiful and delicious.
Without further ado, here it is. I hope you will try it and serve it to those you love! Let me know if you give it a try!
Lots Of Love,
APPLE SPICE CAKE
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar + 1 Tbsp
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon + ½ teaspoon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- ½ cup (8 Tbsps) softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup peeled and diced apple
- Grease and flour a 9×5 – inch loaf pan (or line with baking paper)
- Mix ½ cup brown sugar and 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer, combine white sugar, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon nutmeg, and butter until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Continue to mix until well combined.
- Mix in baking powder.
- Sift flour into the mixture ½ cup at a time.
- Slowly mix in the milk.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (176C)
- Pour half of the batter into the cake pan.
* Coat the diced apples with a very small amount of flour. Just shake them around in about 1-2 teaspoons of flour. This will keep them from sinking during baking. *
- Cover batter with ½ cup of the floured-diced apples. Press them into the batter very slightly.
- Sprinkle half of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Pour the last half of the batter over the apple layer.
- Top with the last of the apples and the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Pat the topping into the batter very softly.
- Bake for 45 minutes and begin checking for doneness. It could take 50-55 minutes to fully bake depending on oven models and temps.
- Allow the cake to cool before transferring it to a cooling rack.
There you have it! Let me know if you make this recipe, or use it a base for your own recipe! Enjoy!