First of all, a HUGE Thank You to Lavrax for nominating me for this Autumn Tag post! Find her on Twitter by following the link!
I love posts like this and get excited every time I sit down to participate in one. Often times, they make you think and sometimes reminisce which is usually a good thing. For this post, I’m going to follow Lavrax’s example as far as rules go and answer the questions straight from her Autumn Tag Post which you can find HERE.
The basic rules for these types of posts usually go something like this:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their Twitter/Blog or both.
- Answer the questions asked.
- Nominate around 10 fellow bloggers and include links to their Twitter or Blog as well.
- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
I’m going to tag a few fellow bloggers for this Autumn Tag Post and I hope that you will all participate. If you do, please remember to tag me when you Tweet about it! I’d love to read them!
Lots Of Love,
Autumn Tag Post
- What signifies the start of Autumn for you?I notice the start of Autumn when the weather turns for the cooler temps, pumpkin spice everything starts popping up in restaurants, and Halloween décor starts popping up everywhere! These things tell me Autumn has officially hit!
- What is your favorite Autumn scent?I love all the Autumn scents! I guess if I had to choose one it would be a candle called Harvest that I picked up from Hobby Lobby. It’s kind of a mix between pumpkin and cinnamon.
- Are you a fan of the Pumpkin Spice Latte? YES. However, I love the Frappuccino version the best!
- Apple or Pumpkin Pie?Apple Pie. Hands down!
- What TV show, new or old, are you looking forward to in the next few months?
I absolutely love the movies/now TV show, The Good Witch, on Hallmark channel. I mean, LOVE it! Catherine Bell is amazing! I am excited for the Oct. 21st premiere!
- What is your favorite Autumn fashion trend?
Always has been and always will be, scarves and cute boots!
- What is your favorite comfort food to enjoy during the cooler months?
One of my favorite foods during the Autumn season is what my family calls “dressing”. Let me just say, this is not the stuff that some people stuff inside a turkey. That is completely different.
My grandma has made this dish from scratch For-Ever and it is the best thing in the world. LOL.
I suppose my favorite dessert style comfort food would be cookies. I love all the different variations of cookies that make an appearance during the Autumn/Winter season.
- What is your favorite Autumn activity?
I actually have two favorite Autumn activities. My first is simply walking outside in the weather. The cool breeze, the changing colors, just going for walks and really savoring this time of year.
My second favorite activity would be any kind of festival or carnival that is held around this time of year! Pumpkin pie eating contests, hayrides, candied apples, funnel cakes, games, friends, these activities just can’t be beat.
- Are you a fan of horror movies?Not particularly, but I’m trying to get better for my husbands sake. He enjoys them. I personally would prefer any kind of Disney Halloween movie (like Hocus Pocus) or movies like The Good Witch series. Family friendly, autumnal style movies lol
- Do you ever do anything fun for Halloween?I use to! Not so much these days though. Especially being 9+ months pregnant at the moment lol
- What was your favorite part of Halloween as a child?I loved dressing up and going trick-or-treating. We would run around my grandparent’s neighborhood, going door to door. It was a blast. I remember my sister and I would sometimes have to come back to my grandma’s, empty out our buckets and then go to the half of the neighborhood we hadn’t been to yet! I remember, my mom allowed us to pick out a few pieces of candy each night after dinner. We probably had 3 pieces of candy per night, for close to a year LOL.
- Are you a bigger fan of Bonfire night or Halloween night?These days, probably a bonfire night. Especially if marshmallows or hot dogs are involved!
- Where is your dream destination to visit during Autumn?Again, I have two places that I would love to visit during Autumn.
The first would be the countryside in the UK. I’ve heard the changing colors and the cool temps would make for a wonderful autumn getaway 🙂 The second would be Canada. I’ve also heard that Canada has some of the most beautiful autumn weather 🙂
- Do you always forget about the clocks going back?
I don’t actually forget about it happening, but sometimes I forget when exactly it is supposed to happen (like which day). My Daddy would always say to us, “Spring forward – Fall backward” to help my sister and I remember which one happens when.
- When do you usually start preparing for Christmas?
I normally start the decorating for Christmas the weekend after Thanksgiving or the first week of December. Up to Thanksgiving, it’s Autumn everything in my home. Then the winter décor and baking begins!
However, I can be found buying Christmas presents as early as August/September. This way, I don’t get to the last minute and not have a gift for someone or get tapped out by trying to buy everyone gifts at one time.
These questions were a blast to answer! Some of them really took me back and made me think about my childhood 🙂 I hope my fellow bloggers will participate and don’t forget to tag me when you Tweet about your post!
Y’all don’t forget to tag me once you’ve posted so I can hop over and read your answers 🙂