Welcome back to my Baby Updates! I can’t believe Baby Boy Hart is 3 months old today! It is so crazy to me how fast time is passing. I am really trying to focus on him while he is awake. Sometimes I will catch myself worrying about cooking or wanting to write a blog post. But then I tell myself, spend this time with Him. He will never be this little again. Soak it in. Everything else can wait. My baby boy comes first. Even if I’m a bit frustrated or feel like I want to be doing something else. When he needs me, I have to be there for him, I want to be there for him.
I’ve raised my voice once already. It was one of those days where he was not sleeping during the day at all. By this time, he had been on a screaming/crying roll for about 1 hour non-stop (maybe his 3rd one during the day so far) and I had already tried absolutely everything I could think of. I had just changed his diaper around 6pm and was buttoning him back up at this point. He was still screaming at the top of his lungs and I continued to keep my cool until suddenly… I wasn’t cool anymore.
I spoke/yelled “Please, JUST. BE. QUIET!”
Baby Boy kind of startled and looked me in the eye for about 2 seconds then, he turned a slight shade of purplish red and started screaming again. Immediately, I felt this massive surge of guilt as I pulled him close to me and felt the tears sting my eyes and the lump lodge in my throat. I just kept saying “I’m sorry Baby, Mommy loves you” over and over. Telling him, and myself, that he doesn’t know what’s wrong either, that he cries because he can’t do anything else, and that Mommy will hold him and do anything to try and help him.
Please don’t judge me for raising my voice.
I do not WANT to lose my cool with him. I pray multiple times a day for patience and understanding when it comes to dealing with Baby Boy. Patience has never, and I mean never, been my strongest personality trait. I hope and pray that I will be a positive, patient, loving mom. Here’s to hoping.
~ Anyway ~
Below I share some bullet points on where Baby Boy is at these days. Do you have a little one? When did they hit some of their milestones? Rolling over, first words, reaching for and grabbing things, etc. Let me know in the comments!
3 Month Old Update – January 26th, 2019
- Baby Boy has yet to roll over unassisted since the first time which was documented in the last update. But that’s okay, I’m just helping and guiding him. He will do it when he is ready.
- He is eating like a champ still about every 3ish hours. But he is up to 5-6 oz each time.
- Baby Boy loves his naps but still has the occasional fussy day where it’s hard to get him to sleep at all.
- He is in 3-month clothing now, officially out of the newborn sizes and most of the 0-3 month sizes.
- Baby Boy loves tummy time and will usually chill for about 5-8 minutes before getting aggravated with it. Then, he likes being propped up on his tummy time roller for a few minutes before we end his little playtime with some back-time exercises and rolling over practice.
- Baby Boy loves to be read to. He will just sit or lay in my arms and often stare at me while I’m reading to him 🙂 One of the best parts of my day.
- Baby Boy is starting to reach for things. Like my hair or his toys.
- He is also starting to chew on his little gloves, I usually find them soaked multiple times a day.
- Baby Boy talks all the time! Oh yeah, tons of “Agoo’s” and “Eeethpplll’s” HAHA. He will just sit and babble away, smiling and letting out little giggles. It is the absolute best thing and I LOVE IT!
Baby Boy is awake so much more these days than he was during his first month of life.
I love singing, dancing & just playing with him. I seriously love being his Mommy and I can’t believe how blessed I am to have this little bundle of joy in my life. He makes every day so much brighter and so much more…worth it. Even when he is fussy, I will take ANY fussy day over him not being here. He’s my little man and as long as I’m living my baby he’ll be. <3 🙂
Okay, I’m going to go snuggle my baby now.
I hope y’all have enjoyed this update!
Lots of Love,