Y’all, it is officially official.
I have been a Mama for 5 months. Baby Boy is 5 months old today. Oh time, you thief. Seriously, where has the time gone. I am finding it so hard to believe that this Little Man has been with us for 5 months already. Honestly, it’s been a blink.
God, please don’t let me blink anymore.
I don’t want to miss a thing. He is so precious and I live for those just-waking-up cuddles. Baby Boy makes me laugh every single day and I feel so beyond blessed to be his Mama.
I never expected to feel how I do. To those of you who don’t have kids yet, just stop asking. You will never ever know how it feels until you have kids of your own. I remember asking my best friend, “ Does it feel different now that you’re a Mama?” She responded to me by saying this same thing, she said “You just wait. I can’t even describe it. You just have to wait and you’ll see.” And boy was she right. You never know how it feels until you’re in it. There is literally nothing and I mean Nothing like being a parent, being a Mama. It’s consuming in the best possible way. I am so happy and so in love with my son. He is my world, my husband and I would do anything for him. Watching him grow has been the most incredible experience of my entire life and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.
So, with all that being said, let’s get right into some of the updates!
~ ~ ~ ~
- Baby Boy is officially rolling over, in every direction. We really have to keep an eye on him! While cooking dinner the other night, I turned around to look at him and he had completely rolled off the large carpet we have in the living room. It probably took him a good 4 rolls just to reach the edge so he is definitely on the move LOL.
- He sleeps pretty well through the night. Sometimes, he will wake around 2am because of a wet diaper. But if he stays mostly dry then he will sleep till 6 or 7am. We put him down at night between 7:30 and 8 pm. This usually depends on two things, 1 how long he napped during the day and 2 how sleepy he is. If he is super cranky at 6:30pm, then it will probably be an early bedtime. We just “play it by ear” for bedtime, but 8pm is the latest.
- He is still eating like a champ every 3-4 hours. We’ve kept him around 5-6 oz each time and he seems to be doing just fine with that.
- Baby Boy still loves his naps. Which have changed recently, as recent as this week actually. He use to take about 4 naps, 30 minutes each. We just could not get him to stay asleep any longer, it’s like an alarm clock in his body and he would wake up EXACTLY 30 minutes after falling asleep. Well, for the last 3 days or so he has had one 3 hour nap and two 30 minutes naps.
- He is wearing some 3-6 months sizes, but mostly he is in 6-9 month sizes. It really just depends on the brand. He sure is becoming the cutest little chunky monkey I’ve ever seen though.
Little Man reaches out for everything, and most of what he can reach ends up in his mouth lol.
- He loves to screech as loud as he can. His arms and legs go stiff and straight and he just screeches at the top of his lungs and then he giggles like it’s the funniest thing in the world. And I have to admit, it is pretty cute 🙂 He also loves to “talk”. It really is amazing to watch him grow, I often wonder about what his first actual word is going to be. It’s so exciting.
- I still enjoy reading to him often and I sing the ABC song and a few others to him every single day.
- Having Baby Boy in the kitchen with me while I’m prepping or cooking is one of my favorite things. I hope he takes an interest in cooking. I can’t wait for him to be with me in the kitchen. Being able to teach him something like cooking is one thing I am definitely looking forward to.
All in all, Baby Boy is growing, happy, and healthy. THAT is what matters.
Do you have any little ones? How was the 5 month mark for y’all? I’d love to know.
Thanks to all of you for stopping by!
Lots of Love,