It’s that time again!
Baby H is another month older and y’all he is such a little person.
This boy has his own personality already shining brightly, and often times, loudly. He is crawling everywhere, climbing on everything, pulling himself up on anything he can and standing with just one hand holding on to something. He makes my heart race more times in one day than it has in my entire pre-mommy life. But, I wouldn’t have it any other way.
All that being said, let’s jump into a quick run down of Baby Boy at 8 months old.
- Height/Length – 29 inches long
- Weight – 22 lbs
- His hair is very light brown, almost reddish in tint. It is getting longer, no more baby fuzz 🙁 … 🙂 very mixed emotions about this.
- His eyes are a very dark green – they look brown in the shade. Hunter Green in sunlight.
- He has 2 front teeth on the bottom and 2 on top that are trying to cut through.
- The doctor said he has a few small spots of “baby eczema” popping up so we are trying to keep his skin hydrated and we put a certain cream on those areas.
- His favorite foods are cantaloupe, sweet potato, applesauce, and eggs.
( Banana has been his #1 favorite since 6 months old. )
- We give him a mixture of pureed food, non pureed “led weaning” style and milk.
- He has officially stopped breastfeeding – I still pump and we give him that, but he just refuses the boob.
- He has started pulling himself up on the couches and just about anything else throughout the day. He is very good at this these days.
- He sits up completely on his own and can play with toys and things without losing balance.
- Remotes, computers, keys, chargers, tablets, phones, just about about anything we try to keep him from… these are the things that he MUST have!
- Baby Boy loves being in the pool and splashing around, but these days he is HATING baths. Like legit, pitching a FIT when it’s bath time. Makes no sense to me at all.
- Music Videos are on for parts of our days and he loves watching them. He will stand at the couch and bounce up and down like he’s dancing.
Oh! And, he Hates having his diaper changed. I’m just like, Babes… do you really want to sit in a poopy diaper?? So, that’s been fun… :/
I think that’s about it for his 8 month old bullet points.
I seriously can’t believe it’s already been 8 months. I know I probably say that in every update but y’all it is so true. Earlier today, I had a huge meltdown when I was holding him. He is just so big now, but he is and will always be my little baby.
Like every Mama out there, I am going to keep on keepin on and trying my best. That’s all I can do. At the end of the day, I believe wholeheartedly that God put this Little Man in my life for a reason and He specifically chose me to be Baby Boy’s Mama. I HAVE to do this job to the best of my ability.
I heard someone say once, any fool can get pregnant/birth a baby, it takes a special person to be a Mama.
Not sure where I heard that, maybe a movie, IDK. But it kinda stuck. I want to be the best Mama to Baby Boy that I can. To me, this includes taking photos/videos of these precious days, writing about how he is growing, writing TO him about these days, feeding him the best homemade food I can, making sure he is learning and growing, and just being there for him at these different stages in life. Babies go through a TON of changes in their first year, it must be a whirlwind for them. Just being there for him and helping him as only a Mama can, that’s my goal.
Okay…that was a long side note, but anyhow, that’s just me I guess.
If you had to chose one goal as a parent, what would that be?
Lots of Love,