11am – Today is December 26th, 2018. I woke up this morning and looked over and my sleeping little man. He’s not quite so little anymore. He is two months old today. I can’t believe he is already two months old. It doesn’t seem like that much time has come and gone but I suppose the calendar doesn’t lie.
*Baby crying. I’ll continue writing in a bit. *
Well now, it is 9pm and I am just sitting down to continue writing. I love my little man more than I ever thought imaginable. Being a mom has changed me in so many ways already and I’m sure it will continue to change me in certain ways as he gets older.
I want so badly for him to have everything the world has to offer available to him. He is so precious and so sweet. I just hope and pray every minute of every day that we, as parents, will be able to provide a life full of fun, family, and adventure for him. Full of opportunities and experiences that he won’t forget as he gets older. The kind of memories my parents were able to provide for me.
Well, Hi Again!
I wrote the above paragraph about 2 weeks ago. Baby H will be 11 weeks old tomorrow! That’s why this is titled as Baby H’s 2 ½ month update lol. Mom life got the best of me and I just didn’t get the chance to sit down and really focus on this specific post. That being said, not too much has changed so let’s jump into this update.
2 ½ Week Update (8-11 weeks) for Baby H.
- Baby is doing great with eating and breastfeeding. We have started bottles and he is taking to those with no issues.
- He has started smiling and cooing. His smiles are absolutely everything.
- Dec. 26th – Baby H is trying to roll over, but he needs some assistance at about the halfway mark.
- Jan. 9th – During tummy time today, he ROLLED OVER for the first time UNASSISTED. I swear I cried happy tears.
- Baby H loves taking warm showers/baths. He screams when he has to get out. Just like I was as a baby. Hubby hated baths when he was a baby.
- Sleeping on his back has become something he isn’t too fond of. During the day, he sleeps best laying on his tummy and on his Boppy right beside me on the couch so I can keep an eye on him.
- Baby H is officially growing out of his newborn/0-3 month clothing and we are having to move him up to 3-6 month clothing. Again, this makes me super happy and kinda makes my heart hurt at the same time.
- He is getting a little chunky, his cheeks and legs are just the cutest things EVER!
- Baby is not sleeping through the night completely yet but only wakes once and then I get up with him at 5am and he goes back down while I stay up.
All in all, Baby H is healthy, growing every day, and just such a good baby in general. We have come so far since he was born, it was really tough the first couple of weeks. I only just now (4 days ago – Jan. 5th) stopped having insane symptoms from giving birth. Now I am in a much better place physically and mentally so I can be there 100% for Baby and Hubby. I am finally starting to feel like a “normal me” again and I am very grateful for that! It’s been a seriously tough 11 weeks! But, we made it and we are all good!
Thanks so much for reading about Baby H. We are both doing fine and I appreciate every single one of you who followed along on my pregnancy journey. I’ll continue these updates every couple of months to keep y’all updated on everything Baby 🙂
Lots of Love,