Welcome Back to Blogtober here at Hart Of Blogging.
Today I am going to share a delicious Sweet Potato Brownie-Cookie Recipe with y’all! I was craving cookies and brownies, so I came up with a solution… combine the two! But, before we jump into that, here is a little… explanation, I suppose for the last few missing Blogtober posts.
I am sorry to those who have been looking for updates the last few days. Our power has been out some since Friday and we were busy all weekend with Hubby’s family being in town.
There really isn’t one single excuse. I just logged in this morning and realized I haven’t posted since the 11th! Where did the days go!?
Part of me feels like y’all will understand. However, the other part of me feels like this is a major fail on my part since I wanted to post every day for Blogtober. I knew it would be hectic trying to do it with Baby H on his way this month (NO he isn’t here yet). I just didn’t take into consideration all the family gatherings and the no WiFi zones and the constant running around trying to get everything ready for Baby H.
It’s been a busy couple of days, to say the least.
But I am going to *TRY* and post more often from here on out. Maybe every other day. I started Blogtober so strong, but sadly, I may not finish it that way.
I still have so many fun things for you though! So, I hope you will all help me keep the traffic flowing here at Hart Of Blogging while my husband and I try to balance work, family, and life, as we prepare for our lives to be changed forever lol. Every share, retweet, comment, and show of support means more than y’all will ever know.
With that being said,
Here is my recipe for Sweet Potato Brownie-Cookies!
Now, I know you might be thinking “Sweet Potato in cookies? Really?” Well, just hold on to your hats because this recipe was one of the best cookie recipes I have come up with in a long time. They were literally gone within 2 days just between the Hubby and myself! I see people all over Pinterest making all kinds of cookies and pies with pumpkin these days, so I figured, why not try something with sweet potatoes!
This recipe will make 12-18 cookies depending on how big you spoon them out!
SWEET POTATO BROWNIE-COOKIES
- ½ cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- * 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- * 2 teaspoons sugar
- Beat your egg and sugars together until light and fluffy
- Add vegetable oil and vanilla. Continue mixing until well combined.
- Whisk flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder in a separate bowl until mixed thoroughly
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients a Tablespoon at a time as you continue mixing until well incorporated
- Stir in sweet potato mash with a spoon
- Pour half of the batter into a separate bowl and mix in 1 teaspoon cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon sugar.
- Sit both mixes in the fridge for about 20 minutes for them to set and combine.
- Overlap about 1 teaspoon of each mixture into little circles on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 355 F / 180 C.
- Bake cookies for 15 – 20 minutes. Begin checking for doneness at 15 minutes.
* The cookies will be fairly soft but they will set as they cool. Leave them on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes to cool and set before transferring them*
There you have it! This is my recipe for Sweet Potato Cookies. I know it may seem unusual, even Hubby looked at me a little sideways when I told him what was in them LOL. This was after he had tried them and liked them, of course!
Let me know if you give this recipe a try!
Lots Of Love,